
Snow in April, I guess the evidence is there. I flew to Juneau to pick up a new rehab patient and they had 3-6 inches of snow. This snow storm caused them a bit of trouble as there was an avalanche that took out a stretch of their power lines from the hydro project thus requiring them to run diesel generators for electricity. Apparently their electric bills are going from .11 to .55 per KW. That is 5 times the amount they currently pay and this will continue till the lines are restored which may take several months. Coming home the snows started that afternoon in Wrangell as well but was gone off the roads shortly. Now we have clear skies and cool temperatures. The birds are singing this morning and several boats are leaving the harbor to get the early King Salmon. I guess I should get my boat ready and join them (maybe when it gets over 40 degrees).
Saturday, April 19, 2008
April Snow
Posted by
Ron
at
7:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment